What is Facial Fat Grafting?
Fat grafting, or fat transfer, refers to the procedure of transferring fat from one area on your body – such as your thighs or abdomen – and then injecting it into into the face to fill in lines and wrinkles and add volume. Fat grafting is a safe, long-term, well-tolerated process that generates natural-looking results. Each year, many people undergo effective fat grafting procedures and are extremely pleased with their results.
Fat grafting is ideal for you if:
- You have areas on your face that look sunken or creased
- You want to enhance the facial volume, fill in depressions, or revise scars
- You want a more long-term solution than what’s offered by temporary fillers
Fat Grafting Benefits
There are a number of benefits to fat grafting, some of which may include the following:
- Different from dermal fillers, autologous fat (your own body fat) works to replace ‘like with like’, which greatly diminishes the risk of experiencing an allergic reaction to a foreign substance.
- Fat grafting is a noninvasive approach for attaining facial rejuvenation.
- Fat grafting results are safe, long lasting, and 100 percent natural.
Who Makes a Good Candidate for Fat Grafting?
The goal of fat grafting is to fill in or augment areas on your body that lack volume. Naturally, you need donor sites on your body from which the necessary fat can be taken. Also, it’s important that you don’t have any problems with your circulation, either from smoking or a medical disorder.
Facial Fat Grafting
If you have creases on your face including smile lines, laugh lines, or crow’s feet, your excess fat can easily be removed from your thighs, abdomen, or other key areas and then be injected into the specific areas on your face. Unsightly acne scars along with sunken areas of the cheeks, lips, etc. can also be filled. We can even use transferred fat to help minimize the lines between your mouth and nose, minimize forehead wrinkles, or correct skin indentations or depressions.
If you’re in overall good health, have realistic expectations along with a positive attitude, then you’re probably a good candidate for a fat grafting procedure. During your consultation, we’ll work with you to determine the most effective treatment plan for your needs. We can then offer a customized treatment plan that is tailored to you for the best possible results.
Doctor Thomas Funcik Facial Plastic Surgery can help you achieve the results you want in a safe, comfortable environment. Doctor Funcik is double-board certified and specializes in facial treatments. Trust your face with a specialist like Dr. Funcik. Contact Dr. Thomas Funcik Facial Plastic Surgery today to schedule your consultation.