The Perfect Peel
Regular Price: $180
Sale Price $80
What is the perfect peel?
The perfect peel is a medical grade chemical peel sold by Bella Medical Products. These chemical compounds and solutions area treatment for various skin conditions. The process is called a “peel” because it removes damaged outer layers of skin to reveal newer layers beneath the surface.
- Treating hyperpigmentation and melasma
- Reversing sun damage and signs of aging
- Improving skin tone and texture
- Clearing acne and reducing acne scars
- Stimulating collagen growth and elastin production, for younger looking skin
- Reducing the appearance of pores
What skin conditions do chemical peels improve?
- Sun damage
- Wrinkles and fine lines around the mouth and eyes
- Mild Acne Scars
- Age Spots
- Certain types of Acne
- Improving rough and uneven skin texture
What skin conditions are not treatable with Chemical Peels?
- Sagging skins
- Skin bulges
- Deep wrinkles
- What are contraindications for a Chemical Peel?
- Any active bacterial, viral, or herpetic infection
- Open wounds
- Facial Cancers
- Pre-existing inflammatory dermatoses (ex. Atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, pemphigus)
- Autoimmune disease
Medications to discontinue before receiving your Chemical Peel?
Retin-A, Tazorac, AHA (alpha hydroxyl acids), BHA (beta hydroxyl acids) must be discontinued for at least 3 days before chemical peel. Accutane must be discontinued at 6 months before chemical peel. Patients should not have body waxing, laser hair removal or electrolysis done within 1week prior of having a chemical peel
Will I need more than one chemical peel?
Yes, usually a patient will need more than one chemical peel. Chemical peels are not a one stop shop they require multiple and consistent treatments; especially if a patients has multiple concerns or problematic skin. Patients may also consider microdermabrasion in the future.
- TCA- trichloraecetic acid for penetration, deep scar healing: stimulates collagen growth.
- Retin-A -acid derived from vitamin A to combat wrinkles
Salicylic Acid-this beta hydroxyl acid (BHA) is an exfoliant.
- Phenol- has antiseptic and anesthetic properties; aids in skin penetration
- Vitamin C-ascorbic acid has antioxidant and mild exfoliation properties
- Glutathione- is an inhibitor of melanin in the skin; causes the pigment of the skin to lighten and has antioxidant properties.
- Kojic Acid-skin lightening agent
- Clients with any allergies to the ingredients listed above should not get the Perfect Peel
- Women who are pregnant or nursing should not undergo the Perfect Peel