You can be pretty or handsome, but your nose may be your least favorite feature. It has a hump, it is a bit long or droopy, or it is crooked. Or all of the above! Should you have Rhinoplasty, or nose job? But your family is against it, they say it is fine, but deep down you wish it was more attractive. And you are terrified it will turn out badly.
Many people are in the same situation and your concerns are justified. Rhinoplasty or Nose Job is the most challenging of all plastic surgery procedures. A great deal of artistry, skill, experience and precision are needed to do it well. There are bad examples to be seen in life and in the media, but there is hope! Dr. Thomas Funcik specializes in Rhinoplasty procedures in Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, Columbia, Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head, SC, and can help improve your nose.
Reasons to consider talking with Charleston’s Trusted Facial Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Thomas Funcik about rhinoplasty and nasal concerns:
- Dr. Funcik will listen to your specific concerns about the way your nose looks and breathes. You will not be pressured. We never proceed to nasal surgery after just one consultation. The first meeting is a meet and greet and information exchange.
- Using state of the art digital imaging, Dr. Funcik will show you how your nose can be re-shaped, and seek your input on your goals. You will be given the proposed images to take with you to digest at your own speed.
- Dr. Funcik has a widespread, hard–earned reputation for creating natural looking noses.
- Because Dr. Funcik is Double Board Certified (Facial Plastic Surgery AND Ear Nose and Throat), he has abundant training to deal with your aesthetic and functional concerns.
- Dr. Funcik has performed hundreds of rhinoplasties/ nose jobs, and can show you photos of cases similar to yours.
- Dr. Funcik learned many of his rhinoplasty/ nose job techniques from the President of the American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Funcik has taught rhinoplasty/nose job techniques to other plastic surgeons and ENT’s.
- Dr. Funcik has been frequently asked to perform complex rhinoplasty/nose job techniques with Charleston’s largest ENT group.
- Dr. Funcik goes to great lengths to make you comfortable. He generally uses NO nasal packing, and commonly have very little bruising.
- Patients usually return to work and school one week after the procedure.
- Other Charleston plastic surgeons and ENT’s refer complex revision rhinoplasty/nose job cases to Dr. Funcik for salvage (Click here to see his revision rhinoplasty outcomes)
“Patient Pearls” of rhinoplasty (i.e., the fine print!) after 20 years of rhinoplasty and nose surgery experience in Charleston, SC:
- No nose is perfect, even before or after rhinoplasty/nose jobs.
- Even the most esteemed rhinoplasty/nose job surgeon earns an “A” on most noses, but all surgeons earn a “B” on some cases.
- “B” outcomes (where the nose is much improved but not perfect) occur more often in large reductions, pre-existing crooked noses, or noses that have been broken or operated on before. But even a small reduction can present challenges and has an element of unpredictability.
- Most patients return to work and social activities at one week, but the final outcome is not achieved for one year.
- Many patients are thrilled when the bandage comes off at one week, more thrilled at two weeks when much of the swelling has diminished, and frustrated at six weeks because the nose is still swollen! Patience is a must!
- Nationwide, the revision rate for primary rhinoplasty is around 10% . Dr. Funcik’s rate of revision is much lower. Still, we have to revise some of our noses. This results in additional time and expense for the patient, but generally at drastically reduced rates. Most often the revision involves a restylane or cortisone injection, or a small rasp of a bony prominence under anesthesia. A reduced OR fee is charged.
- Skilled rhinoplasty/nose jobs are not cheap, and revision rhinoplasty/nose jobs are even more costly. But recovering from a budget rhinoplasty/nose job is infinitely more costly and can compromise your outcome!!
- Don’t add a “little hump reduction” to your breast augmentation! Seriously consider the procedure and dedicate the due time to understand the procedure.
- We are unaware of a surgeon who gets consistently outstanding results who does not dedicate a majority of his practice to rhinoplasty. Unskilled rhinoplasty practitioners are ubiquitous.
- We want to see you in consultation. But we often recommend obtaining a preliminary consultation elsewhere first. It is likely our fees will be comparable, but higher, unless you are in a market such as Beverly Hills, Miami or Manhattan.
- Internet research is often productive, but typically only approximately 75% accurate.
- Insurance often covers functional concerns such as septoplasty and turbinate work, but does not cover the cosmetic portion. We work with most insurance companies.
See below just a few of Dr. Funcik’s rhinoplasty outcomes or Click Here to view the full gallery.