Actual patient, results may vary. See more Before and After photos
When it comes to reducing the visible signs of aging on the face such as wrinkles, frown lines and sagging brows, a forehead lift may be the solution. At Thomas Funcik, MD, our forehead lift surgeries are tailored to your specific needs.
Located in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, Thomas Funcik, MD serves the greater Charleston area with both surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with double board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Funcik.
What is a Forehead Lift?
Forehead lift surgery improves multiple areas of the face, including:
- The wrinkles that develop horizontally across the forehead
- Lines that appear on the bridge of the nose or between the eyes
- Vertical creases that develop between the eyebrows
- Lifts sagging brows and hooding on the eyelids
- Eyebrows are lifted and positioned to create a more refreshed, alert look
There are multiple forehead lift techniques available to achieve desired results. Dr. Funcik is experienced in multiple forehead lift methods:
- Behind the hairline – Placing incisions across the hairline to minimize scarring, Dr. Funcik fully accesses the tissues and facial structure during this traditional procedure.
- Endoscopic – The newest and most commonly used forehead lift technique, the use of an endoscope requires smaller, fewer incisions and increased precision and accuracy while working with delicate facial tissues, maximizing results.
- Minimal incision – In comparison to a traditional brow lift, this technique requires shorter and fewer incisions and is less extensive with reduced recovery time.
- Mid-forehead – When correction is only necessary in the mid-forehead region, skin is removed above the eyebrows and lifts muscles around the eyes. This technique is often ideal for men and women with high hairlines and multiple forehead wrinkles.
- Hairline lowering – Men and women with high hairlines or tall foreheads often opt for this technique, which brings the hairline down to a more natural level and reduces the appearance of the forehead.
During your consultation with Dr. Funcik, factors such as your health, medical history and cosmetic goals will be evaluated to determine which technique is right for you.
What is Recovery Like?
The extent and duration of your recovery time depends on the technique used during surgery. Doctor Funcik will instruct you on any necessary aftercare for your incision sites in order to reduce post-surgical infection or complications. You may be advised to sleep with your head elevated during healing, and your results will be monitored by Dr. Funcik through follow-up appointments. To continue treatment some patients might also consider microdermabrasion or microneedling later on.
Initial healing may take anywhere from 10-14 days, but it may take several weeks after that for all swelling and bruising to subside. Visit one of the top-rated facial plastic surgeons serving Charleston SC.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Funcik and find out if you are a candidate for forehead lift surgery.